+94 11 2680 788
- Provided financial and risk mitigation strategy advisory services to acquire the Sri Lankan operation of a France-based intimate apparel and hosiery company catering to the European market. In addition, the acquirer employed us to provide post acquisition advisory services, raise EUR debt, review monthly accounts, and liaise with external parties in the capacity of their financial advisor. This acquisition arranged by us made the Sri Lanka-based acquirer to position itself in the international market as a premier exporter of hosiery and socks, whilst taking advantage of the free trade agreements Sri Lanka has with India and China.
- Advised a consortium of individuals to invest in shares of an ecommerce venture. In addition to financial advisory, the scope of work included valuing the ecommerce venture, managing the investment process, supporting negotiations, and advising on suitable risk mitigating strategies.
- Valued a Sri Lanka-based company engaged in commercial and residential interior designing and promoted the company to potential investors. While acting as their financial advisors we prepared an Information Memorandum for the company together with other defined transactional documents, evaluated the offers received for the sale of the company, and managed its disposal process.
- Provided transaction advisory services for a Sri Lanka-based knit and woven garments manufacturing/exporting company to sell its factory in Wariyapola. In addition, we assisted the company in its negotiations with its banks to obtain relief for interest and loan repayment, drafted correspondence with these banks, and liaised with regulatory authorities, including the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
- Valued a Sri Lanka-based footwear manufacturer which operates as a BOI company focusing the European and American markets.
- Prepared a valuation report for a travel agency together with a company profile to facilitate its subsequent disposal.
- Prepared a document valuing a Sri Lanka-based reproductive healthcare company. The document also contained an analysis of the company, industry, and competition.
- Arranged a short term working capital facility for a Sri Lanka-based exporter under Islamic Finance, thereby, replacing their existing financing for a more competitive financial arrangement.
- Advised a Sri Lanka-based organically grown conglomerate on investment opportunities, such as, solar electricity, an aviation college, and divestment to construction industry, in an effort to explore new avenues of growth as the growth in its existing industry plummeted.
- Advised a Sri Lankan residing in London on prospective investment opportunities for his land in the heart of Jaffna. The investment opportunities considered were a supermarket outlet, an office complex, a B & B operation, and an English Medium school. Our services to the client also included writing brief investment proposals for each opportunity identified and introducing/recommending suitable parties for better prospects through investment.
- Represented the seller in a sale of a 420-perch land in Ratmalana. In order to facilitate this transaction we advised and assisted our client to identify suitable development projects for his land.
- Negotiated with the bankers of a Sri Lanka-based apparel exporter to arrange an enhanced loan facility for the company.
- One of Sri Lanka’s oldest educational institutions divested 74% of their equity to an investment company. MPC managed the transaction on behalf of the seller.